Berea, Ohio (January 15, 2014) NOSHOK thermowells, in
conjunction with temperature measurement instrumentation, allow
the user to remove and replace instrumentation without having to shut down the process. NOSHOK thermowells protect instrumentation
from damage or failure due to corrosive, erosive, high pressure,
and high velocity flow applications.
This is important in tank or vessel applications as well as critical
process piping involving pressure measurement. It is also crucial in applications where temperature needs to be measured and pressure is a factor, such as boilers, power generators and turbines.
The stems on NOSHOK bi-metal thermometers, 800 Series
Temperature Transmitters, 820/821 Series Digital Temperature
Indicators, 850 Series Electronic Indicating Transmitter/Switches,
and 900/910/915 Series Industrial RTDs are rated to 600 psi in
ambient conditions. In applications where both pressure and
temperature are a factor, thermowells should be used in conjunction with these instruments when pressure exceeds these values.
Thermowells are also useful if a flanged, sanitary, or weld-in
process connection are required.
- ½” NPSM instrument connection, ¾” process connection
standard - other options are available including flanged, socket weld, sanitary etc.
- The female connection accepts the ½” NPT male thread without galling or seizing
- Brass, 304 stainless steel, or 316 stainless steel are standard material options - other material options are available
- Stepped shank standard, tapered or straight available on
- 0.260” bore standard - others available on request
- Lagging extensions available on request
- Other options include plug and chain, special coatings (PTFE, PVDF), hydrostatic testing, velocity calculations, NACE